TESTOSTERONE THERAPY FOR MEN
Men, if you suffer from low energy, a down mood and a lack of sex drive, it could be due to low testosterone. We can offer you testosterone replacement therapy based on the results of your comprehensive blood panel.
Testosterone is the major sex hormone, produced largely in the testes of men and is responsible for the development of primary and secondary sexual characteristics in males. Development of male sex organs, lean body mass (your muscles) and facial hair all are the result of testosterone production. In addition to the development of the male sex organs, testosterone is also responsible for controlling sexual drive and sexual function, sperm production and fat metabolism.
The traditional view of aging was that as men age, their hormone levels inevitably decline. Medical research now shows that we age because our hormones levels decline. As men reach their mid-20s, the body begins to slow down the production of testosterone. Men between the age of 40 and 70 years old, experience a drop in testosterone of about 50% and it is often noted in men as young as 30 years old.
Signs and Symptoms of Low Testosterone:
- Low Energy
- Erectile Dysfunction & Reduced Sex Drive
- Loss of Muscle Mass & Increased Body Fat
- Diminished Muscle Strength
- Depression & Mood Swings
- Less Aerobic Capacity
- Insomnia & Sleep Disturbances
- Trouble Concentrating & Memory Loss
- Decreased Joint Flexibility & Reduction of Bone Density
- Altered Immune Responses & Decline in Overall Health
- Increased Risk of Prostate Cancer (Low Testosterone Levels Increase Risk)
Recent estimates indicate that between 10 and 30 million men in the U.S. exhibit symptoms related to low testosterone and hormone deficiency. Clinical studies demonstrate that replacing hormones to their optimal levels can reverse or slow these conditions.
Replacing testosterone levels enable men of any age to live with vitality while ensuring a healthier and longer life.
Benefits of Restoring Optimal Testosterone Levels:
- Increase in Lean Muscle Mass
- Enhanced Sex Drive & Performance
- Increased Energy Levels & Stamina
- Helps Lower Anxiety & Depression
- Helps Lower Cholesterol
- Improved Quality of Life
- Protection Against Cardiovascular Disease
- Improved Immune Health
- Improved Memory
- Improved Mood and Feelings of Well-Being
The ADAM (Androgen Deficiency in Aging Male) Questionnaire was developed in 2006 by the Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates to assist in the diagnosis of low testosterone.
- Do you have a decrease in sex drive?
- Do you have a lack of energy?
- Do you have a decrease in strength and/or endurance?
- Have you lost height?
- Have you noticed a decreased enjoyment in life?
- Are you sad and/or grumpy?
- Are your erections less strong?
- Has it been more difficult to maintain your erection throughout intercourse?
- Are you falling asleep after dinner?
- Has your work performance deteriorated recently? A diagnosis of low testosterone is suspected it these are “yes” answers to question 1 and 7 or to any other three questions. However, the diagnosis of low testosterone is determined by the amount of testosterone in the body by obtaining a simple blood test. In healthy men, total testosterone levels between 300mg/dl and 1000mg/dl are considered normal. When total testosterone is below 300mg/dl a man is considered to be deficient in testosterone or have suboptimal testosterone levels.
- Complimentary Consultation With Our Medical Provider
- Lab Testing – Comprehensive Hormone Panel And Complete Blood Cell Count
- Our Medical Provider Will Review Your Lab Values And Collaborates With A Compounding Pharmacist That Specializes In Hormone Replacement Therapy To Provide Patient Specific Recommendations
- Our Medical Provider Will Discuss Lab Results And Treatment Recommendations With The Patient
- Patient’s Medications Are Ordered To Be Compounded To Optimize Specific Hormone Levels
- 6 Week Lab Recheck
- 6 Month Lab Recheck
- Annual Full Comprehensive Hormone Panel And Complete Blood Cell Count